Wednesday 11 March 2009

Wings - TYI Week 48

Here is my offering for "Tag Your It" this week. The theme is Wings and as I have really overused the couple of stamps that would fit the theme I was getting bored with them and instead I went for a bit of simple cutting out.
Now.........me and decoupoage are not great friends possibly because there is such a lot of tat out there that simply does nothing for me. I like a touch of class don't you?

The other reason for trying the cutting out approach was because I received my free Fiskars scissors on Monday........for joining the Fiskarettes (see side bar).......so I had to give them a work out on something. I printed off the butterflies and a backing paper with an alphabet on which were a freebie from "The Vintage Moth" SSBFL. I also printed off three labels which were a freebie from "The Graphic Fairy" SSBFL. Then just kept cutting and the result is this.

I've now got 4 tags ready to go on cards at some point. I layered more than one image on some butterflies and added a eyelet to each. Thanks for looking.

P.S. The scissors passed the test and cut really well.

9 comments:

  1. I just love butterflys and your tags are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tags. I really love the butterflies, and they go great with your backgrounds. Wonderful shaped tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what beautiful tags. I love your butterfly theme for them.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh those are gorgeous!!! Love, love love!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of graphics!! So beautiful!

    Cathe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well your cutting did the job they are gorgeous and such a wonderful shape - love them!

    Thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous set of tags - really love those butterflies...

    Thanks for joining in with the theme this week - hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your's are very pretty made me go over and check out vintage moth
    Your tags will look great where ever you use them
    huggs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo