Friday 3 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas 2010 - Day 3

I've put a stickie post up with an attached thumbnail linky thingy for anyone who wants to play along with the Splinter Group again this year!
I thought we all could add a link to the specific blog post of each tag and then it will make it easier to hop around to share the joy LOL

Here is my tag for today ;)


I thought today might be easier seeing as Joanne had sent me a die cut of the bird.
..thanks so much!
How wrong can you be!!!!
I have been at this since I got home at 5...not even a break for a coffee and it's nearly 9 now!
However.........I'm very happy with this tag :)
Had to work through my lunch hour so not even a bit of prep possible today.

It all went pear shaped with the birdie.......I don't have the tissue tape so stamped T!m's music stamp from the mini set onto tissue paper and cut up in strips them fixed it to the bird with PVA glue......so far so good....waited for it to dry and added alcohol ink....so far so good....added the rock candy and something odd happened.....it just would not set and it went all runny and cloudy too....in the end I wiped it off put some glossy accents on and added a bit of glitter to it! That was a lot of wasted time!
Spent some time trying to find a tree and then this Paperartsy one jumped out at me LOL
No splatter stamp again so used my trusty piece of foam packaging....worked a treat ;)
....made the flower by stamping an Artistic Stamper script stamp on tissue paper and roughly tearing out in circles...scrunching and layering
....the old fashioned image is from The Graphics Fairy ssbfl...thanks Karen!
...not a big fan of tinsel so used some different ribbons across the bottom
....nearly gave up with the greenery under the birdie....I was stumped
...then Bing! why not cut up a bit of old dry foam cleaning cloth lingering under the sink!
...tore it in little bits and inked it with DI peeled paint
Wowser yet another marathon!

DON'T FORGET!
Jennie The Artistic Stamper is going to give away a goody bag full of T!m stuff to a lucky person who shares a tag using the linky post.
..so the more tags you share the better your chances are :)
This will be drawn by random after the end of T!m's 12 Tags of Christmas.
....is that not super generous? :) Thanks Jennie!
While we are on the subject I'm adding a separate prize too!
Don't know what it is yet but it I'll try and make it extra special to thank you all for playing along ;)
xoxo Sioux

16 comments:

  1. Terrific tag and love your improvisations. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tag, love how you did the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous and love the improvisations.
    I did the same thing with my bird except I used a Pritt stick instead of PVA and this worked fine.
    Can't wait for day 4!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Tag, and it's so good to improvise! I'm sure that reindeer's on it's way! Lol... the only animal stamp I have is a hedgehog....improvise...improvise!!
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is beautiful! Love your tree, flower, fibers.... isn't that weird what happened to the bird! A chemical reaction of sorts..... time for a little weird science, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is super hun wonderful take once again just love your tree,stamp works brilliantly hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sioux! I LOVE your Tag. I managed to get my bird facing the other way!! also you can hardly see my Tree!Good idea about the PA stamp.............never thought of theat one......used one of the lovely Lindsay's :-) Have a great weekend...........I might be playing catch up on Monday, working tomorrow and Lindsay's workshops on Sunday!! S xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing is safe when there is a crafter in the house. lol Your tag is super. I love the branch you used. I thought this would be a quick one too. NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It came out really pretty, sorry you had some problems though, I guess thats how we all learn! Can you believe the turn out you've had with your challenge! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great though, love your flower. You must get some tissue tape, it's fab stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it :D
    I love how we are all having to improvise with things around the house - the cloths made me chuckle :D
    I'm really enjoying this and looking forward to attempting todays:D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lookin' great, we all need friends. Luv the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag!! Like the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this one!!! Love the red of the bird and the fabulous dimension you have created, and that flower is just the perfect finishing touch! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby tag. Love the swirling flourishes along the bottom of your birdnest. The ribbons work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo