If you are friends on Facebook you may have seen that I've been attempting to make a purse for "The Girls" for use on our holidays. We collectively share responsibility for the kitty :)
I've finally finished it and had the seal of approval ;)
The cover is made from artist quality canvas and I used Archival inks in red and black for the T!m Holtz script and butterfly stamps.
I've had this thing about wanting the pockets for notes to be in portrait orientation instead of the normal landscape orientation.....as I believe it makes for more secure storage.
The flip side with the attached purse at the bottom.
I was winging this as I went and would definitely change some things I did. For instance the appliqué butterfly on the purse had to be done to hide ugly stitching of the poppers to secure the purse.
I loved using the T!m Holtz fabric for the interior :)
You can easily open the wallet and hide your notes whilst opening the purse if you so desire.
I used Velcro as the fastening of the outer case and again the stitching showed so I glued another canvas butterfly on to hide it as sewing through the canvas was too difficult. The purse section folded up. (Don't look too closely at the stitches as my sewing machine has seen better days!)
Side view with the top section folded down to close.
The closed purse....ready for action on our holiday to Madrid in 9 days time. :)
Thanks for looking