Tuesday 23 February 2010

Men and a No. 9 Bus!

You know how it is?......you wait hours for a number 9 bus and then 5 turn up at once!!!

I'm talking about challenges not men btw!!HOL.....all of a sudden inspiration to create is bombarding me from all directions LOL my only gripe is that I just don't have enough hours in the day to give 'em all a fair attempt!!...I should make a note of the prompts I suppose but I'm just not that organised!!

So over at Hels Sunday Stamper this week the theme is "Men"........as luck would have it I found I could use my new stamp from Joan Gevaert again...paired up with the Paperartsy man I got with the CS subscription last year.

I masked off two negative oval shapes with paper and stamped each with an image and stippled with Scattered Straw.......then masked the image with the positive oval and inked with DI's Dusty Concord and Frayed Burlap.......added the wording in Spiced Marmalade and the pens (Artifacts) in Impress Chocolate........Oooh!...and what do you know the crackly grungy bit on the background is some of that packaging inked up from this post............Fab & Free!!! Who could ask for more?

BTW.....I passed on the Di's on offer at QVC....the colour combo did not include my preferred choice in either option, so have decided to just go for a couple of re-inkers elsewhere......however.....I did buy the mini mister set with stand as I have yet to find it cheaper elsewhere in effect even with the P&P you get a set of 3 misters for free!!!
Thanks for looking and happy stamping!
xoxo Sioux

8 comments:

  1. Love this loads hun...thanks for joining in ... and... I was thinking about getting the mini mister's and stand...wondering if it is still in stock now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to sneak some peaks online whilst at work, but not shopped!! Am home now so will check out what's left!!
    BTW I love this, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creativity at the moment. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a roll! Lovely card..fun to hear of your QVC purchases..it's all so 'off' my way that I didn't even watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful as always, your stamping is inspired.
    You are not on your own clearing your day for QVC. Tim Holtz was not to be missed. I was not going to buy either, just enjoy but fell for the TSV by lunchtime. Resistence was futile. The products alone were worth the price so I considered it a bit of a bargain (and I still had some birthday money to spend so didn't feel too guilty)
    Enjoy your misters, you can never have enough!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just received your Zetti atc and wanted to thank you for it personally - its WILD! I'm very happy to be giving it a home. Thanks.
    Http://Heavens2betsy-creativeoverflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful piece of work! Have a great weekend. ANesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know how you feel... wouldn't it be fab if we could play ALL the time...lol
    Love your fab artwork and thanks for sharing your masking technique too :D
    hugs
    Chris xx
    p.s. Glad you liked your atc...not sure which one you got but as for the white...I normally use a sakura jelly roll pen but as mine was running out I used a white souffle sakura pen first and when it was dry went over it with the jelly roll one. Hope that helps ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo