Friday 2 February 2018

Family Matters

The past couple of days have been spent making a tag again (amongst other design projects).
One of the reasons it's been a bit time consuming is because I've decided to make my own "Found Relatives/Paper Dolls" (thanks for the inspiration for that Pam)...I want to use some of my old photo's of relatives and start a sort of family tree/memory book with them! Well...that's the loose plan if there is such a thing as a plan! LOL


I started by scanning a photo of two of my cousins (both deceased some time ago), touching up some dust/scratch marks and then printed out on photo paper and cut out....I will go back and digitally cut them out when I'm in the mood! ;)


I replaced the wheel they were perched on with a Tim Holtz image I stamped onto old french book pages and cut out....repeating this in the top corner with one of his smaller images. The ticket was stamped onto a bit of scrap card previously inked at some point and fastened to the tag with a brad bought many moons ago...might as well start using my stash instead of hoarding it for a change! ROFL
The background of the tag was Dylusions sprays in turquise, lemon and pink.


I made my own word fragments and gave them the "epoxy" look with glossy accents.
n.b. I have no idea if they were buddies or simply putting on a brave face for the camera! :)


Thanks for looking and happy stamping!
xoxo Sioux

19 comments:

  1. what a great tag, and a fabulous idea to remember your family members!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning tag. such a great idea to use old family photos. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anesha....going to do my best to give the photo's new life!

      Delete
  3. Stunning Tag, I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant tag! I have been looking through my old photos for the same reason, although I do have Tim's too! I made tags with photos of my Grandma and Grandad and I smile every day at them! This would fit in with the Love is in the Air theme at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris....only just logged back in and sae this...bit late to enter now! 🤣

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous tag :) Love how well everything coordinates together.
    Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper's TIMI challenge
    Hugs
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, and what a great way of keeping old family photos. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag!! I love all the layers and the special personal touch. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have used your own photos, i have lots of old family photos and love to use them,did get the TH paper dolls but was a bit disappointed with them truth be told.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo