Saturday 15 June 2013

Love Begins - A collaboration

My SF and I are so in tune with each other it is unbelievable.
We are both artistic, although he freely admits he leans towards the written word.

He wrote a poem to celebrate our meeting and love.......big sigh! ;)
This then inspired me to create a little art work as a backdrop to his beautiful words.


I could not resist the other week and bought myself yet another little journal book - a very lovely moleskin.

The landscape was created using Distress Inks....the mountains are simply some torn paper used to create a mask to smudge the inks over.
The trees and foliage are from Inkylicious and the wording was hand written with a calligraphy pen using Dylusions ink in melted chocolate (the ink is great for this purpose).

We are off to Exeter today to search for an engagement ring and to find out just what our ring sizes are!!!
So I hope you like this collaborative piece....the words are very special to us.
Lets hear it for SF please :)
xoxo Sioux

P.S. I have a little something to share with you for The Artistic Stamper tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. You really are soul-mates! Happy ring-hunting!! Beautiful words and a beautiful surrounding for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is even more exciting knowing SF is artistic too. Can't wait for more 'happy' artwork from you both.
    Happy ring hunting today.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece and lovely words. Have fun today and I hope you will show us you ring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collaborative art is most definitely the very best kind when it conjurers up something this beautiful. Have the very best day ring hunting. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your story and am really happy you have found your soul mate at last, Sioux.
    Love your tag and have a great day today, very special indeed.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERFUL!

    You so deserve each other xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo