Wednesday 2 December 2009

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 2

So far so good with not having T!m Christmas stamps!!
Can you believe I got up at 6:30 today?
........just to see what the tag of the day involved! :)


Here is tag number 2.....glad it was not too tricky today I would not want to miss Spooks!

12 tags of Christmas day 2

The challenge today for me was the metal rose and leaves........decided to use a bit of the tomato paste tube Laura gave me and make a flower out of that! Alcohol inked the edges a bit with espresso and did the leaves with a pesto and espresso mix. Espresso inked the metal corners which are from Making Memories....had 'em ages got to start putting them to use!! LOL
The sentiments are Royal & Langnickel.......luckily I had the very same frame and, although the flourish is one of T!ms', it is not the same one you can see on his day 2 tag here. I had to substitute the Antique Linen distress emboss colour with Scattered Straw and used Worn Lipstick instead of Aged Mahogany DI. I managed the splatter bit by mixing a bit of PVA glue with water to get the consistency and adding a bit of Cosmic Shimmer dark bronze.....
it seemed to work and I could get to like that effect!
Finished off with a bit of gorgeous ribbon in the candy stash I won from Minxy....thanks Minxy!
Thanks for your kind comments on my day 1 tag.

....only 10 more tags to go!!

Happy stamping!
xoxo Sioux

P.S. I might not be posting every day...........
T!m is allowing us mere mortals an extra 7 days to finish! LOL

9 comments:

  1. Sioux , this is fab, and just perfect, love the idea of making flowers from a tomato paste tube!!I once made a belt from the cirio little tins you could get years ago!
    You're pooped! I am exhausted and have to work tomorrow, so it will be late befroe i get a chance to make tomorrow's tag!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh another stunner, and love your resourcefulness with the metal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow hun this is totally brilliant so effective gosh hun it really is amazing hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo...tag No.2 is brilliant! Love the splatters. I was stumped just thinking what to use for the rose. I've got some tomato paste tube washed & waiting to be used! Terrific idea. I will link back if I ever get as far as blogging No2!

    I think you have definately earned tripple points now. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI!! Loving your tags too!! Thanks for popping on my blog and leaving a message! I appreciate that very much!

    Stunning work!!! :) Off to browse the rest of your site!! :) .... I'll be back to see day 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic tag. I've got some catching up to do. Things are really hectic here. New boiler, oil tank, plumbing going on all week. Real mess and cold. No central heating, thank goodness we have a big open fire in one room for the evenings. Now, this morning, fridge just caught on fire. Have to go shopping for a new one. Don't know when i will get to play and I must make a tag for Something Completely Different deadline. Crickeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab-U-lous!!!! and there's another 10 to go..cant wait to see!!!
    hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, the colours are gorgeous. S x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo