Thursday 15 October 2009

Viking Men

"It is the great North wind that made the Vikings"

Great quote don't you think?
Especially for a man card! As I've mentioned before I work in the fishing industry in my part of glorious Devon and get to make men cards more than women's! Here is one I made last year and forgot to post......so yer tis now.


The map background was scanned from an old fishing book in the office where I work and printed onto textured card......had to add a bit of grungy ink to it. The Viking boat is a Microsoft clip art file printed and cut out. The compass another clip art file printed onto some vellum that had printed squares on......these were attached to another clip art file used as a background to which I added a bit of stamping round the edge with some Paperartsy stamps that were in the subscription to Craft Stamper last year. This was layered onto gold mirri card and the quotation panel was digitally designed in my Serif programme and is hidden behind the front panel until the card is opened.
Thanks for looking and happy stamping.

(Although there is precious little of it on this one!! LOL)

xoxo Sioux

7 comments:

  1. Hiya..xx Oooh I love your card & all the different textures. Clever idea criss crossing the staples. Sounds like you have an interesting job.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby fabby fabby! Great to see some more of your fab work. I have been missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where have you been? Missing your fab work - hope to see more of your work soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fab great work, amazing design too love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous! Love the map background. very stylish and masculine card! perfect for those chaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes the quote is great Jen and this card goes perfectly with it...stunning
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an excellent card, Jen - love everything about it, down to the masculine colour scheme :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo