Sunday, 9 November 2008

Reject Mystery Card

There were parts of the card that were good and parts that were bad and, seeing as it was for a competition, if there was any bad it had to go.


I liked the cranberry french dots on the yellow card which were applied with Adirondack Acrylics straight from the bottle. I will certainly use this again on a different project. I liked the disco black embossing on black card on the reverse of the card (using an Anna Griffin background stamp) and I was fairly pleased with the white embossing on black card filled in with Twinkling H2O's. After a couple of failed attempts I was happy with the template I had made to produce the design.


Have you guessed what it is yet?





Russian Doll This was my attempt at a Russian Doll! So why was I not happy? Well, the gold embossing had sunk into the red card in places, the black embossing on the bow was a bit dodgy, I wasn't happy with the sentiment part on the reverse and the worst part was that the base black card was proving to be too flimsy with the doll parts attached so I decided to use and extra layer on the reverse and use P.V.A. glue to make sure they were sandwiched together and would not come apart. Unfortunately the two different cards must have reacted with the glue and bent at different rates and no matter what I did (I had them under about 7 editions of an encyclopedia for 5 days) they would not stay straight and I had lost the will by then to make the effort to make another!!

All in all the end result just did not feel quite right so i scrapped it.

Hope you have a successful Arty week.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant hun well done xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo