Tuesday 10 November 2015

IW 22

Well I managed to finish the page last night. ;)
Just in time for the new one tomorrow.



I'm not a purple person as a rule....but seeing as I did not have the colours Donna used I made do with what I've got and used them! :)

Donna used some fluorescent colours for the flowers....nope not got any of those!
So I mixed in some iridescent medium with the winsor violet and permanent rose (both Winsor and Newton acrylics purchased because they were cheaper than Golden to do the flowers on the black background week)
There's a reason they are cheaper.....simply not as thick as golden! Lesson learnt!


 As it happened I'd decided to add a bit more gesso as a texture base where I thought the flowers would go......what a stroke of genius luck that was because the winsor paints really don't give the texture that golden do. They do give a nice glimmer though with the iridescent medium mixed in....hope it shows up.


Really like the way this came out......must try and find a black pen that is non permanent though for the washy writing......would you believe it after years of having pens that bled....I made an effort to obtain some good permanent ones!!! Sods Law! :)

The background stamped writing is one of my all time favourites from The Artistic Stamper calligraphic mat 13.


Sorry about the lighting...it's a tad dark here today!
Going to try this on a canvas next...

Oh BTW... I couldn't choose a long enough quote that I liked to go all across the pages so I wrote three different ones that I really like and am trying to motivate myself with :)

"Attract what you expect, Reflect what you desire, Become what you respect, Mirror what you admire"
"Just because the past didn't turn out like you wanted it to, doesn't mean your future can't be better than you ever imagined"
and
"Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire"

The last one being a quote from St. Catherine of Sienna.

Thanks for looking
xoxo Sioux


2 comments:

  1. I love this colour you made. I used to have an old rose called Shakespeare that was this velvety purple, and I can smell it again right now :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished page looks amazing! I knew there was something I meant to do when we came back last week! ! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo