Sunday 28 June 2015

A sunny feast

This week we have focaccia with black olives, red onion and rosemary :)


For lunch it was paired with a light summer vegetable soup...and my honey ;)


For tea it was perfect with broad bean pesto, feta and sun dried tomato in olive oil, quiche, piquant peppers...and my honey ;)


Perfect end to a sunny, hot and lazy day...with my honey :)

RECIPE - Broad bean pesto

Cook 200-300gm of broad beans in salted water for about 4-5 mins, quickly immerse them in cold water to stop the cooking process and remove the skins when cold enough to handle. Place the podded beans in a mixing bowl.
Gently fry 4 anchovies (the sort preserved in oil) with 2 cloves of garlic that have been roughly chopped....remove from pan when lightly golden and add to the bowl of beans.
Even if you do not like anchovies believe when I say they only add a certain saltiness to the pesto.
Into the bowl:
Add the juice and finely grated rind of half a lemon.
Add 30gm grated parmesan....or even more to taste ;)
Add 4 tablespoons of good extra virgin olive oil.
Use a hand held blender to wizz the ingredients to a paste.
Makes a great dip or pasta sauce. It can be diluted with more extra virgin olive oil to taste.

Thanks for looking.
xoxo Sioux

2 comments:

  1. You are such a card! Made me laugh
    I know 'your honey' is veggie but I really cannot survive without (shhh meat)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, this looks like a treat! I don't normally like Broad beans but do know they are good for me - I am sure I would like this so I am definitely going to try it! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo