Sunday 25 January 2015

Inspiration Wednesday 2 finished result

Today I finished my second lesson at Inspiration Wednesday.


This lesson was all about collage...with a bit of gesso thrown in! ;)
One of the elements Donna used was some book paper so I decided to use something out of an old set of encyclopedias I have. Randomly I took one of the books from the shelf and randomly opened it where it fell open on "Portrait"
Spooky in a way as I had already made the stamped tissue paper with a number of face images on it! :)


Close up of some of the bits and bobs I found.....


this page includes a cava bottle cover (well I just had to didn't I?)....and that little bit of film strip that has been hanging around for years has at last found a great home, highlighting the word portrait :)


This page has some random paper bits and a piece of the packaging from my favourite Camembert cheese!


Another spooky thing.....Donna was using a type of wax to seal the pages she made to stop them sticking together.....and as I was "sort of" tidying my cupboard work space the "Easy sealing wax" label was sitting under a pile of stuff....so I used it instead of the wax! lol


The quote running across the page reads "A portrait, to be a work of art, neither must nor may resemble the sitter...one must paint its atmosphere"


I like the atmosphere of this page......and I learnt a couple of things along the way.

1. Yellow and grey together make me very happy :)

2. If I live to be 500 I shall never use up all the "treasures" I have accumulated. ROFL ;)

I'm linking to Hels Sunday Stamper as her theme is to use Wings....which I have....and "Wind beneath my wings" is one of my all time favourite songs......EVER.
(the version by Bette Midler preferably) ;)
It's ages since I have joined in and I'm really happy to be able to play along.

Thanks for looking
xoxo Sioux

10 comments:

  1. Tis is really well done. Love the use of your personal collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also your use of color is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your Pages, You did an Amazing job on them
    Hugs Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this spread, Sioux!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely stunning spread Sioux! The grey and yellow are fantastic together and I love that all those bits and bobs fit together beautifully! 'Beaches' is one of my favourite films-still makes me cry - even on the umpteenth watching-hubby calls it my 6 tissue film! Have a good week! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation. Hope life is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And people still believe in coincidence lol...someone is letting you know you are an the right track for sure :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhlalalaa... LOVE LOVE LOVE your collaged pages... they look so tactile too... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - completely love this spread - amazing collaging and beautiful layered textures. Just wonderful... can see I need to go and watch the Week 2 video soon!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo