Sunday 2 September 2012

Regatta Day

It's been Dartmouth Regatta and I went with two of my friends for the day.
I love the approach from across the river at Kingswear to Dartmouth.


This is Bayards cove where they filmed the Onedin Line.


We always like to go to Bayards Cove Inn for a coffee so that's where we started.
We strolled around to the street market, the main market and the craft tent.
Lots of amusements too, I love a carousel



I went on a flight simulator a tornado jet one.....loved it...wanted to prove to myself I'm still alive...can still enjoy the thrill.....been a bit low recently ;)
We had lunch in The Royal Castle and shared a bottle of wine.
We watched the Black Cats display...it made you gasp!




We decided to get across the river back to Kingswear and spent some time in The Ship Inn sharing the wine, enjoying a laugh, loving that a very gorgeous guy in a dapper grey suit said we looked glamorous (he did not appear to be drunk either! LOL), except my friend seemed to think he was aiming the compliment just at me! I'll never know, but we had some fun expanding on the possibilities!! Then we watched the fireworks, then we went back in the Ship because the cue for the next bus was horrendous and we could see we would never get on it. Shared some more wine, were about to head for the bus when my boss, his partner and his best mate Mitch Tonks came in and insisted we had another drink and share a cab home....well how could we refuse! ROFL.
It's a good job we did go home in the taxi 'cos we all had had far too good a day if you get my drift :)
It was a great day.......we are going to do it all again for the Dartmouth food festival....can't wait.
'Cos friends make life worth living :) My day two playing along with Gez in September.


Thanks for looking
xoxo Sioux

5 comments:

  1. Great pics and you had a lovely time, I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day - hope it has cheered you up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day. Love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had another fun time away for the day ;0) this would fit in with my challenge this month if you wan to add it ;0) Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a great day, Sioux and were blessed with some gorgeous weather by the looks of it too.
    I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and managed to lift your spirits again. Sounds like you have very special friends there.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo