Friday 1 June 2012

With Passion for The Artistic Stamper

Last months challenge was a beauty and I loved looking at the Spots and Stripes you all created ;)
So..... how do you feel about this months theme which is
"Red, White and Blue"
Yes it's a colour combo challenge for June over at The Artistic Stamper Creative Team ;)




I thought I would make a tag....and me being me...I veered away from the traditional (and topical) patriotic "Red, White and Blue" and opted to create this.


The fabulous naked lady from the Nudes plate was stamped with Distress Ink aged mahogany onto water colour paper that had been die cut with the Bigz tag and bookplate die.


Then Distress Inks aged mahogany and faded jeans were used to colour the tag using an ink blending tool.

I stamped the dotty border from the Borders A6#2 plate in faded jeans round the edges and used the mini pomegranate mask to add some gesso.


I stamped the words from Journaling words #1 and Nudes plate in Archival black and cut them out and mounted them onto black card and attached with glossy accents.


I added one of the words from the Dance plate to the bottom corner and put some ribbons through the tag to finish.


You really must take a look at the "Red, White and Blue" creations the rest of the team have made and here are the DT member links for you.
Jennie, Kat, and Louise.

So don't forget.............the monthly challenge is "Red, White and Blue"
The rules are simple... all you need to do is make a piece of art, be it a card, ATC, wall art, altered art, tag;)... just remember that it must include some rubber stamping and the theme... and... if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry you will be entered into the draw twice! The prize is £15 worth of stamps from the Artistic Stamper shop... along with the KlingOn to mount them onto.
I hope you get chance to play at the challenge... it is open until June 30 th and the winner will be chosen by Random.org shortly after :)

Thanks for looking and happy stamping
xoxo Sioux





4 comments:

  1. I was sure you were going to be patriotic! love your tag, Sioux!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is much more subtle and more to my taste although I still can't get used to looking at a woman without clothes!!!!
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo