Sunday 13 May 2012

Off to Cheshire

Sorry this is a bit late in the day posting but I've been enjoying the beautiful weather out in my garden too much to sit inside and toil away at a blog post! ;)


My two centre holiday continued as I left Lancashire for Cheshire to visit with my other friend in Macclesfield.



I drove to Quarry Bank Mill where we met up and spent the day.




Fabulous gardens







A very informative talk at the Apprentices House



Wonderful kitchen garden but it looks like someone is lying down on the job! LOL



Then we just had to pay a visit to a large M and S on the way back ;)


I had seen some lovely white dip dishes sitting on slate platters whilst at the garden centre a few days previously but they were priced a bit too steeply for me....like £25 to £45....eek!
I came across some lovely little dishes in M and S and as I had some vouchers (and my friend can get discount!) I bought them because I suddenly remembered there was some slate pieces in my shed that were left overs from the fire hearth being made by the previous owner!




I just knew they were worth keeping for something LOL ;)
A laughter filled evening followed.
xoxo Sioux
My final day of holiday tales will be posted on Tuesday so do come back and see where we went :)
xoxo Sioux

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got your beast back, Sioux. Have fun with it.
    Thanks for sharing more holiday pics. I had to laugh at that scarecrow sleeping on the job!!
    Have a good week.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the scarecrow made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to visit and you got the weather. See, keeping old things pays off sometimes especially when it's a lovely piece of slate, which is one of my favourite things after visiting Bathesda in N. Wales - famous blue slate quarry.
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dishes, the slate is perfect for them. Great pics, lol the scarecrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo