Wednesday 1 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas 2010 - Day 1

OMG!
It's here at last.......yes T!m's 12 Tags of Christmas has started.....go take a look here first to see his thoughts on the tag frenzy......warms the heart :)
I'm putting a stickie post up with an attached thumbnail linky thingy for anyone who wants to play along with the Splinter Group again this year!
I thought we all could add a link to the specific blog post of each tag and then it will make it easier to hop around to share the joy LOL
Don't worry...you don't have to play every day!....I'm not even sure I can......but I will have fun how ever many tags I manage to make :)....you don't even have to use all T!m's stamps.
...I certainly don't have all the Christmas ones!!! (Although I do have quite a few of the others! ;))
It's all about being creative :)

Here is my tag for the first day ;)


Yikes!!! It doesn't seem to matter how much T!m stuff I have.......I still don't have the right stuff!! LOL
No haunted mansion die or fence for me so had to cut my own from textured card....no point trying to cut it out of grungeboard....just don't have the machine to do the embossing bit!
....but I'm getting the T!m one real soon I hope ;)
Embossed the lines with a ball tool and carried on regardless after that!
I have at last used that glittery wreath.....originally purchased as ear rings....I know! Don't ask!
HOL
Can't see many people having that stuff to make the tree! Had to make it by wrapping tissue paper round some thickish wire and then colouring with DI vintage photo!
What I did have that I actually used for the first time today was the pearl mica spray.
..well....I think I've died and gone to heaven 'cos that is just theee most gorgeous stuff :)
Did not have the T!m ticket stamps but spookily had bought a set of Inkadinkadoo stamps at the weekend that were ticket based.....phew! ;)
Personally I'm not happy with the colour the house has turned out not nearly dark enough for me.
Hey Ho!

Jennie at The Artistic Stamper has some fabulous offers on all the way through the 12 Tags of Christmas so make sure you pop along there too.....you would not want to miss it!
Thanks for looking and happy stamping
xoxo Sioux

20 comments:

  1. Love this. I just gave up on trying to make a tree and used some old die cuts.
    See you tomorrow.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - I love how you made your tree, it looks incredible. I've not seen the stuff Tim used, I am sure I haven't.... can't wait for day 2. (just hope I have a few more of the components, this time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tag and love the improvisations. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is lovely. What a super take on Tims techniques. thansk for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am amazed how creative you have been! Love love your tag, and err earrings? lol
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking super duper, and what a fancy ickle wreath too. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on tims tag

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just brilliant hun but then knew it would be,just amzing take on tims first tag still working on mine,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I've added mine -its not very good as I didn't have most of the items and had to sub LOL :D
    Great idea for the gallery, thanks :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You did great Sioux! Love your tag! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done a fabulous job! Love that adorable little earring wreath! :) Thanks for hosting this little linkie group - it's a great way to see what everyone's doing, how everyone is improvising, and to commiserate over not having all the "stuff"! I'm loving what everyone is coming up with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfully done and I Love your wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Sioux, this is fantastic and so like Tim's. I bet not many people have the rickety house!!!!
    I love your tree!!!
    This one was too scary to try for me but I love today's!!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your tag ... I am just making elements this year on a daily basis ... but did n't think you would mind if I still join in the fun here ... say if you do :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the creative way you made your tree, I was a bit stumped with that bit too and the wreath, lol at the ear-rings (never thought to check my jewelry box lol), fab job on the tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All I can say is wow! This is gorgeous and I love it. Very true about never having enough Tim stuff - just when you think you're getting there, out comes a load more cool stuff!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous tag hun.xx
    Did make my head hurt just thinking about trying to make the 1st tag! lol. Will check out your link to Jennie's shop.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so gorgeous!! Love the fence and the tree....such a fabulous mix of texture!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful wreath and the snowy fence. Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo