Monday 8 November 2010

All crafted out!

Hiya! I'm back from having visited the NEC Hobby show!
Drove up on Friday late afternoon with a friend, stayed the night in a Travelodge, drove my friend to Droitwich Spa train station and what a palaver that was......the sign posting was not fab and one had been turned round so we were sent in the wrong direction (no Sat Nav in my car I'm afraid!) anyway just managed the train in time as she was meeting her sister in Birmingham.
I set off for the NEC and had to wait a bit to park up - think I got in about 10.15 'ish.
Started on the far side and looked at the Art section first......I'm no painter but do like to look....some of the tips can be transferred across to the rubber stamp and altered art world;)
Worked my way across and up and down the isles trying not to miss anything.....have to say there was quite a lot I could easily miss out on though!!! LOL

One place that I did not want to miss out on was the Paperartsy stand where I watched Leandra doing some fab things with Inca stuff and stamps......absolute heaven..thanks and roll on February ;)....there was a show offer on buy 5 sets of stamps and get a 6th free....I know I've got a fair few already but could not pass that one up!!! LOL....Do you see the die? Yes I've bought another set of dies and still no die cutting machine........I'm getting desperate for that Vagabond now! HOL

I saw a lovely demo at the Inkylicious stand and the Distress and Adirondack inks were such a good price it would have been mad not to buy a couple!! They also had a good deal on some brushes so that's another item off my list! Some T!m acrylic stamps as well...WOW!

I found something on the Stampsaway stand that was just what I've been looking for but did not know it existed until then!! Embossing powder that becomes a sticky glue when heated so you can add gilding flakes over it etc...it's that little pot....Thanks for the demo.
Finally an assortment from other places of some pearls and charms and some chunky glitter that looks like ice.
I drove back to the Travelodge a happy bunny around 5.....would have stayed till 5.30 but my back was telling me to call it a day and after all.....I was going back the following day!
Had a lovely meal and a few wines again in the "Robin Hood" pub across the road from where we stayed (great time) and yesterday we set off for the NEC again.
....I purposely did not look too hard at the Crafts for Christmas section the day before so I could share looking at stuff with my friend....she is not into the arty stuff you see

....bought a couple of lovely wraps.....bargain!
...I was finally all crafted out by about 2 after buying a few more Inca pots from Paperartsy and some storage boxes for that marathon sort out I'm still doing!!!


Set off home and stopped off at John Lewis at Cribbs Causeway on the way.
I'm pooped now and although it was a great experience I don't think I'd do two days again.....one really full day would probably suffice! My back does not hold up well to standing all day either.
Been saving up specially to treat myself and should have enough stuff to last me a while now ;) Whoops that could be famous last words LOL.....you have to remember there is no where round here that I can get it and finding the gluey stuff just would never have happened!!
TTFN Sioux

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sioux........looks like you had a great time. Wished I'd have known, could have met up and said 'hello'!! I have bought nearly as much as you.............but I was only there the Saturday! Leandra is lovely, isn't she? Spent lots of time watching her demo (and bought lots too!!) Hopefully catch up with you soon. Love S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoohoo what a haul - wish I could have gone myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fab time - much better than my weekend! Am green with envy at all that lovely stash you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a ball and can't wait for some amazing creations with your new stash.
    Get a hanky ready for tonight's Spooks. Something awful is going to happen and I'm scared to think what......
    Luv Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time Sioux and I love the look of all that lovely new stash you have to play with. You don't do shopping by halves do you!!
    Can't wait to see what you create with it all.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time there yesterday think i was following in your footsteps, I even have 2 of the pashminas great price.

    Sounds like you had a fabulous time catching up with your friend and then restocking the stash always a pleasure. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow!!! all your goodies look just gorgeous!! cant wait to see wht you create with them! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment, really appreciate it. Still a bit upset but hopefully will not let it get me down for too long. Will not be doing business with them again.
    Looks like you had a wonderful time at the NEC! Have fun with all your new craft stah. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a fab time at the NEC, lot's of lovely stash ..I got one of those Tim Holtz acrylic stamps too, inkylicious were just across the aisle from us so I could just see them :D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo