Tuesday 12 October 2010

Eat your heart out Dan Brown!

Sorry bit of a long post coming up!;)

What auspicious thing did you do on 10.10.10?
Me?
I read some of the Sunday paper....still got some to finish!
........I scarified the lawn....realised half the lawn no longer existed!....Had to drive to the garden centre for lawn seed and feed and apply and then water 'cos just as you want it to rain it decides to be bright and sunny!!!
...had to sort out the small shed so that my new electric scarifier could actually be put away!
....by this time my back is telling me it's time to quit!! LOL

...made Quiche Lorraine for dinner....my back is still telling me it's time to quit!!!

....decided to collapse in a heap eat dinner and watch Strictly results.....not fair that Goldie had to go....as much as Peter Shilton is an icon to the football fans out there...as a mover and shaker he is decidedly lacking...and I know at the minute Ann Widdicombe is obviously the comedy slot this year....but as a dancer she is even more lacking....I know it's a "journey" but not sure I can travel with either one for very long ;)

So what's this all got to do with Dan Brown? LOL

Well....I noticed that The Da Vinci Code was on later and I've not seen that yet so watched it and then it reminded me that I had this post ready and waiting to add the pictures.

One of the most amazing things about Valencia was the fact I lived out a bit of a fantasy connected with King Arthur/The Knights Templar/The Da Vinci Code et al
(although Dan Brown has got it all wrong in my opinion! LOL) as I got to see the Holy Grail!!
No...seriously..........THE Holy Grail!!!
Now please don't be sceptical....because this particular Holy Grail, yes I know there are a few, has (unlike all the rest) never actually been disproved.
Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up doesn't it?!
The Cathedral in Valencia which houses the artifact is a fabulous mix of both Gothic


..and Baroque architecture and it is absolutely stunning!


....in one of the little chapels off the main church is the Holy Grail Chapel where the Grail is on display above an alter and where the people of Valencia can have a wedding ceremony.

Wow...what a place to be married!

We were lucky to be there just as a wedding had ended and pictures were being taken......unfortunately this also meant that we could not get as close to the Grail as normally allowed so that's the reason for the arrow pointing at it I'm afraid.


As we left the cathedral we met up with the rest of the gang who had gone for a drink and a sit in the shade


...I decided to take a little walk down an enticing alleyway I had seen previously...that small passage opened up into this


....Love that bridge affair going across the lane


...then ending up in a square at the back of the cathedral where this red car (sorry have not got the faintest idea what make it is but it is fab!)  was waiting to whisk the newlyweds away :)
I'm afraid my pictures really do not do the place justice...you will just have to go and find out for yourself!....I promise you will not be disappointed :)

xoxo Sioux

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I could go right now.
    Luv Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Baroque and Gothic all in one place ... my faves. Valencia looks enticing! Hope your back can cope with the high standards you are setting for it! Best wishes, Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cathedral!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More gorgeous photos, Sioux, it looks a fantastic place. I have added to be Bucket List!!!
    Sounds like you filled you 10 10 10 very fully, in fact you've made me feel weary.
    We went for a walk in the woods and took some great photos and also watched Strictly. I agree with you completely about Goldie!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, thanks for sharing hun! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks so good Artyjen! And gracious - scarifying - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! AMAZING photographs Sioux. I've gone all goose bumperly looking at them! That car is amazing too.
    Mmm.. I could just eat some quiche.. hope you lawn appreciates your hard work!!
    Take care. Off to see what more deliciousness I've missed...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo