Sunday 15 August 2010

It's Only Words - 3rd chunky book page

Here's my third page for Heathers chunky book swap.


I glued some old book pages to the base and then pulled some of the top layer off (like T!m did on one of his Xmas tags last year) and distressed with DI rusty hinge
...then stamped the T!m pen nibs down the sides
.....stamped a number of leaves from a Royal and Langnickel set onto inked grungepaper in DI's rusty hinge, peeled paint and shabby shutters and a few onto book paper that were then embossed with verdigris powder.
The plaque is of course T!m....and no I have not got the die machine yet but I have bought the die!!! Wrong way round I know LOL.....as luck would have it (or do they all come with a cut sample in the pack?) there was a die cut in the package so I just traced around and cut it out the old fashioned way after printing the sentiment onto Kraft cardstock then stuck it to some grunge board for stability.
...it will be so much simpler when I get my hands on that Vagabond! :)))
The fab sentiment is by Alexander Pope who I would very much like to have on my guest list at one of those imaginary alive or dead dinner parties.
That's 3 down and 6 to go.....
Thanks for looking and happy stamping
xoxo Sioux

15 comments:

  1. oh wow hun this is awesome love the leaves,such a wonderful effect,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a lovely page, what gorgeous colours you've used. Love it! Hope you have a great Sunday. Love S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen what a gorgeous page love the way you've done the leaves and the colours are stunning- this book is going to be awesome xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another WOW and love how you used the die! LOL your pages is pure magic. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your great blog. Fabulous page- love the colours - just my shades. Thanks for sharing

    Stampersue

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this, Sioux. Great quote, fab colours and a wonderful design idea. You've done it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific, love the effect. Such a great page. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Leaves are fab - don't know the make - new? Stunning background, and LOVE the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely wonderful Sioux. I am so excited that I will receive one of your pages, wish it were all of them!!!!!
    Luv Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks lovely, those leaves look real xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the leaves and those rich autumnal hues, works very well. Very nice piece. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, you've done a fabulous job with this page - all those leaves! Must've taken ages - how patient are you? This is going to look gorgeous in the book - sorry, Joanne, we only get to have one page each of Jen's in our books *LOL* !! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning piece and I love how you improvise!!! Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  14. so fabulous to see what you did with those leaves! this is such a work of art! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  15. girl...those pages are like...RAWKIN KEWL! WOWZA! WOWZA WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo