Sunday 7 February 2010

Celebrate ATC for Joan Gevaert

I made this ATC as a small thank you to Joan Gevaert who donated the twinchie stamps that I won over at The Artist Trading Club recently....and I had a lovely comment from Hermine who is the stamp designer that I very much appreciated....It makes you feel all warm inside!

You know I mentioned before about having a really bad aversion to ripping up books? Well....I bought a paperback the other day (one that held no desire for me to read!!) that had a naturally aged patina to the pages and am using them now...phew and only 30p...bargain!!! LOL
...now that I have started stamping on pages there will be no stopping me...so I am entering this into the Lots To Do challenge this week which is backgrounds.

Glued a piece of book page to the card and let dry.......then put sellotape where the stamp was going to go and ripped it back off to take away some of the top layer just like T!m did on one of the 12 tags of Christmas posts.....stamped the twinchie stamp in Impress chocolate and a Paperartsy border stamp on three edges in archival......the Paperartsy word "Joy" was distress embossed in tattered rose over worn lipstick ink...cut out and edged with black marker...a mixture of tea dye and walnut stain used to age the edges.

.....do you see the brads in the corner?

...these are not just any old brads!

...these are genuine antique brads!



.....over 50 years old at least to my knowledge (and the rest I suspect)....as you can read on the label these are from the days when they used to be called paper fasteners!!...I only have a small supply in this old tin box that I inherited from my father so they are very precious.....they have a colour and quality you just don't get today and the paperclip (bit on the rusty side LOL) was from the same source......Gorgeous!!
Thanks for looking and happy stamping.
xoxo Sioux

P.S. Anyone know what the copper medallion was for? It reads Accrington Corporation with the number 288 and is plain on the back.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous all that on a little ol atc shows if you know how you can! Very brave to rip a book still cannot do that even if the book is boring. Have progressed and altered baby's board books but proper books that takes far more courage well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ATC, love the design. Great stash of brads, can image it must be hard to use them. Have a good day. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ATC Just love the background, what a fab idea.

    TFS your fab piece with us this week over on Lotstodo - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure!! Love old findings like that. Very precious. I recently inherited some old sewing notions from my Nana... I haven't used them yet -- it will take a special project. One like this ATC. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Love the brad detail! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love Claudine Helmuth's Peeled paper technique - works great with Gesso, too. Love it and those brads really are special - love the fact that they're all different sizes, too - adds to the interest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning atc and oh those brads and bit and pieces !!!! to die for!!!

    Thanks for joining in the Lostodo Challenge again this week xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff.. I love using old book pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this one too, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your creations are fab well done you.

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, when I was at school... a life time ago we had those paper pins in out blazer lapel and if you were courting...now that's an old fashion word... the boy would cross the 2 clips at the back..
    If you understand what I mean.

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo