Wednesday 3 February 2010

ATC Sewing

Here is the ATC I made for the Sewing theme over at the Artist Trading Club.....I thought I had posted this ages ago but it seems not!!!

I photocopied an old sewing pattern and reduced it to an ATC friendly size and cut out the sewing diagrams.....now....I can't remember exactly what I did with the background but I know it involved gluing some scrunched up tissue paper onto the base and scattering some distress embossing powder over it for some texture then I stamped a watch face in archival.....alcohol inked two of the buttons in the corner and the sentiment was computer generated and stitched on top of a small sample I had of patchwork quilting material.....I have enough of those small pieces to last 3 life times I think at the rate I am using them HOL!!!

Here are the ones I received in the swap are they not fab?!


Thanks for looking

xoxo Sioux

8 comments:

  1. this is fab!! Love the whole collage feel..great sewing images and I love the stitching too!! fab creation! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab swaps. Love your Atc & what a stunning background.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naughty naughty Nicky, not stopping by for so long, smack my hands.. hope your keepin well hun, sweet assortment of ATC :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic ATC, love the background. Anesha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is brilliant hun love the whole collage effect,love the stitching too hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you went to a lot of trouble for that - it looks good, though :) Great idea with the sewing pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo