Tuesday 2 June 2009

Tilda meets Fitz! Just Magnolia Week #7

I have been busy with life and other things but I am back at Just Magnolia for the challenge this week to use animals or insects.......I have used one of the much prized stamped images of Tilda that a very special person sent me :) and added a little twist with my own digital stamp of a cat......I used K&Co Classic K McKenna papers........made up my own flower, inking plain white card to match the papers.......ditto the swirls and a computer generated sentiment finished off with a corner punch/embosser that was a bargain on C&C many moons ago....the silver heart charm was in a bargain card making kit (£1.39!!) from my local Sue Ryder shop on Saturday.......images coloured with pencils using the baby oil technique.



I believe they say necessity is the mother of invention?.............I love stamping only problem is the monetary challenged position I find myself in which prevents me indulging very much in new stamps.........I have been hoping to buy some sort of cat stamp recently but.....well......I just could not seem to find the right one at just the right price!!!....the only solution..........draw your own!!!..........somehow I was inspired and came up with a design based on my gorgeous cat Fitzgerald......as he is a digital stamp I have re sized him so he can be a new friend for Tilda.......that is the best reason for doing him or any other stamp digitally IMO......being able to resize.......although nothing is perfect and there are limitations in using a digital stamp for certain techniques......Hope you have enjoyed looking at my card.......and if you have why not pop along and join in the challenge.........you might be lucky and the man of your dreams aka Mr Random might be knocking at your door!!
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Oh Wow this is fabulous what beautiful colouring layout and papers, I adore your Digi Fcat how clever you are, he does go so well with Tilda, Thanks for joing JM this week.
    BTW I am also a BIG Guy of Gisbourne Fan, nice to see his handsome face staring at me this time of the morning
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card sweetie, great idea with the cat.. looks wonderful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card!! Such gorgeous papers and colours and the cat is brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card again hun love the layout and papers love chery lxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply beautiful card, what a good idea to mix these two stamps...I love those K&Co papers too...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!
    Such a wonderful card,and the digi cat is gorgeous!!
    Hugs from Maya:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card,great flower,greetings Joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I especially like how you have Tilda standing behind the cat. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cat is purr fect for this Tilda! I'm gonna have to find something to use w/my Tilda like this! love it!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card. I love your cat! What a very clever idea. All your work is beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo