Sunday 28 June 2009

It's So Exciting!....but I'm stumped!

I couldn't be more excited if I had won some candy..............and believe me if I ever do I will be so shocked I will no doubt keel over in a dead faint!!! LOL.........anyway.......I am so excited to see one of my cards in Craft Stamper this month in the "Inspired By" section.........hope you have your copy by now....I made a masculine version of the card first which you can see here and because I liked the free ticket stamp so much went on to make this card and decided to send it in....here is the blurb I sent with it that appears in the mag......
"Just wanted to say thanks for the great stamp this month………and thought I would send you one of the projects I did with it. I love collage stamps and drool over quite a few but on a limited budget it is hard to quantify the cost….so I decided to try and work out what it was that I liked so much and then have a go at creating my own with the stamps I already have…….so here is my collage homage to Crafty Individuals. Thanks again……………I can see me using this stamp quite a lot."

Actually I should be doubly thrilled because I also got a mention in the "Design a cover stamp" article..........well I am really.....but also a bit mortified that it was the stitches design that got a mention....It was my least favourite by a mile and it contained no drawing skills whatsoever!!!!.....it was all done digitally.......whilst my other two were hand drawn........I'm not sure if I can show them here though as CS now hold the copyright to all the designs sent in.......it was part of the conditions of entry..........with which I had a bit of bee in my bonnet about.......hey ho......I'm a bit stumped as I really wanted to use my drawing of a fancy bow and a tiger myself.....perhaps if I change them a bit that will get round it?
Love the dragonfly stamp this month by Kay and The Stamp Man and perhaps I'll send in something else soon.....it is very special to see something of your own in print. :)

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I am so pleased for you. It is a very great card and you managed the collage stamp effect excellently.
    Way to go! Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, Jen - Congratulations! I need to see that mag again...

    Hope to see more. It's a fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow!!! how exciting is that..it is a very special card so you truley deserve it!!

    Regards
    Jan..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! you really deserve it, as it gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!! it's a beautiful card!
    Can't wait to receive my issue.
    isax

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh well done on both counts Jen...cant wait to see the new issue now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. huge congrats, this is a wonderful card. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done hun you deserve it as I love your creations great collage stamp love cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and love the card. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Congrats....it is very special when you see your art in that mag isn't it...I know how excited I was when I had a couple of my pieces featured in the comp section the end of last year - felt like I was on cloud 9 for yonks - so enjoy the elation, you deserve it...

    TBH I didn't realise that it was you - I'm going back for a better look now..

    WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo