Saturday 3 January 2009

Artarazzi Challenge 4 - Marilyn Monroe

Another Door?

Here is my effort for the digital challenge at Artarazzi this week. Why can you look at something one week and it conveys something to you and yet another time it says something totally different? Anyway, this thought popped in my head when I looked at Marilyn this time "If she had opened a different door where would it have led her?" and that thought led to this. The image of MM was chopped in half as was the door and joined together with a bit of a transparency overlay. I then cut out half of her lips and added them to the door side of the image. The white scroll at the top and the quote were a freebie from Digital Scrapbook Place, it says "Each child is like a butterfly in the wind. Some can fly higher than the others, but each one flies the best it can. Why compare one against the other? Each one is different, each one is special, each one is beautiful." Author unknown. I added the words "Another DOOR?" to the side of her face in Argor Brush Script font.

At least doing this has taken my mind off my sinus pain this afternoon, that or the sudafed has kicked in LOL:)

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Jen - I love it!!
    Hope yopur sinus pain gets better soon

    Hugs

    Vron xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen I love it and i do love what you have achieved with the door. Also you explained your work and thoughts ... I was a bit lazy lol. Thanks for the great comment on mine too ... We both saw her as a butterfly .. i think she was but sadly so much of her wings were left unfolded
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Jen. I enjoyed reading what you had written about opening different doors. Such a misguided young woman with such a sad ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen this is stunning and soooo artistic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo