Saturday, 29 November 2008
White A4 base card, squares of watercolour paper, white card, red card and recycled craft card. Three, sorry! four stamps and two ink pads. Black marker pen and red raffia.
I've nearly finished them all now, should be done by tomorrow. So much tactile crafting lately!
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
I was inspired by the theme and made the time to do a bit of tactile (as opposed to digital) art.
The background is from The Graphics Fairy (thank you), there are some great images here to enjoy. I printed off the image and duplicated two more smaller ones at the bottom - spookily it looks as if there is someone looking up, and aged the edges with walnut stain Distress Inks.
I coloured the main eye image iris with stream Adirondack Ink and clear embossed over it. Not sure it shows up too well on this scan. The Gothic arch windows was a picture on the net from who knows where, who knows when now - sorry. I printed it out and cut out the insides of the frame using a craft knife. I inked the frame with scattered straw Distress Inks and printed off the words and coloured with lettuce and cranberry Adirondack Inks - the inside of the O in the word window was coloured with stream Acrylic by Ranger.
Sunday, 23 November 2008
Sunday, 9 November 2008
I liked the cranberry french dots on the yellow card which were applied with Adirondack Acrylics straight from the bottle. I will certainly use this again on a different project. I liked the disco black embossing on black card on the reverse of the card (using an Anna Griffin background stamp) and I was fairly pleased with the white embossing on black card filled in with Twinkling H2O's. After a couple of failed attempts I was happy with the template I had made to produce the design.
This was my attempt at a Russian Doll! So why was I not happy? Well, the gold embossing had sunk into the red card in places, the black embossing on the bow was a bit dodgy, I wasn't happy with the sentiment part on the reverse and the worst part was that the base black card was proving to be too flimsy with the doll parts attached so I decided to use and extra layer on the reverse and use P.V.A. glue to make sure they were sandwiched together and would not come apart. Unfortunately the two different cards must have reacted with the glue and bent at different rates and no matter what I did (I had them under about 7 editions of an encyclopedia for 5 days) they would not stay straight and I had lost the will by then to make the effort to make another!!
All in all the end result just did not feel quite right so i scrapped it.
Hope you have a successful Arty week.