Thursday 9 October 2008

Theme Thursday - colour purple & 4x4

This is my first post here at Theme Thursday. I have to admit that I don't use this colour very much so it really was a challenge. Luckily I remembered I had this stamp in my stash from a Christmas card sent by my brother-in-law & his wife a couple of years ago, they live in Adelaide. Hope is is purple enough!

This is a little card that is a mixture of traditional paper & digital (hybrid). I matted & layered a couple of different texture purple card and papers. I then created the background digitally by altering an image of an Australian stamp that had a koala bear on it and then printed it out. I scanned the original envelope that had the purple angel and air mail stamp on it and printed it out at a smaller size to use behind the main image. The main image of the stamp was printed out at a larger size & printed onto photo paper to add a bit of gloss and matted onto a piece of the shiney purple paper.

The kitchen is not far off being finished so perhaps I'll get a bit of crafting in this weekend. Here's to an Arty one!

13 comments:

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo